SKETCH DUMP! Download for full-size. I've seen people do these, and I'm nearing the end of my church sketchbook, so I decided to start slamming them out in case anyone wanted to see what I sketch. And look out, this chatter is going to be LONG because I outline each thing.
So a little background before I narrate what each is, in case anyone is wondering what a particular odd-colored bunch of lines is supposed to be. Basically, being the ADHD infused crazy that I am, I need to be doing something with my hands in order to pay attention. Sort of like keeping a lifeline in reality. Which is ironic, because the stuff I draw is rarely based at all in reality. I'd draw in class when I didn't need to take notes, and I'd draw in church. Always did this since I was a kid. This particular batch is from my tiny purse-sized sketch book that I'd use specifically for church. So if it looks like a drawing goes off-page, that's probably because it did.
I have a bit more, but they were drawn in blue pencil and scanner didn't pick it up. Will have to trace them to get them to come up. Will do so if I think they should be seen by public; what you see here is the cream of the crop, actually. I colored them to make them less rough-looking. Also, note that ALL OF THESE ARE DRAWN FROM THE HEAD. Didn't look off anything for inspiration or design. This is stated so that some of these may seem more epic to you than they should.
IF you want to color any or want me to turn any into an art, go ahead and say so in the comments. I can't promise anything, but if a particular drawing is popular enough I may line-trace it or something. And if anyone colors them, I'll post links in the commentary by the number.
1. Dragon Elf -- I wanted to draw a cute little dragon, so I drew someone holding it. I guess she's an elf. Experimented with side-view, since I'm TERRIBLE at it. Face came out better than others, albeit not perfect. I like how the rest of her turned out though, especially her hand.
2. Teenage Post-Apocalyptic Phineas and Ferb -- Had a dream where Candace and Perry got sent to the future, to find out that due to (this part omitted in case I actually want to turn this into a fanfic) and so now Phineas and the gang were leaders of a rebel band scraping a living in the ruined husks of civilization and fighting evil robots. I think at least Ferb's arm had become mechanical by now, but given that its the two of them that's more a cool factor than a detriment.
3. Appletree Wood Nymph -- Last year I was in my church's production of Wizard of Oz, and it was FUN as all get-out. I wanted a bit-part, but nothing really fantastic. As it was I got the best role for me; the alto in the Tree Trio that pelts Dorothy and Scarecrow with apples, and who sing back-up for the Tin Man's song. The other trees and I ended up becoming really good friends, despite the rather large gap in our age groups (the other two were young teenagers, and well, I wasn't). They were awesome. But because I need a cane to stand for long periods (long story, part of my nickname of Crutch Ninja) I had mine done up in leaves, and ended up taking on a rather sassy stuck-up personality. This is what I imagined my tree to look like, done up as a wood nymph. This is also what my costume looked like, only imagine a crown of twigs and plastic apples sewn around. And I sure wasn't rocking heels.
4. America the Cowboy -- What? No, that's just a normal, totally flamboyant and not realistic-at-all cowboy! That happens to look like America from Hetalia, who freakn' rocks! With an American flag buckle! Totally coincidental! Why do you ask? Also, he used to have glasses till my dad asked why, and I realized that out of context they did sort of look silly.
Love my country. Some people in it and running it really bug me a lot sometimes, but I still have my American Pride. A person should be proud of their country, you know?
On that note, I love Canada too. That may have something to do with my being half-Canadian . . . and that Canada from Hetalia is also awesome . . .
Hey, half-Canadian is a thing!
5. Praying Angel -- I love wings, and I love angels (even though technically real angels don't have wings but hey they look awesome with them). Not enough of them in modern literature. You get all these books with Vampires and Zombies and all kinds of undead, but where are the GOOD undead? . . . did I just call angels undead?
Just sort of doodled this when I was feeling particularly serene. Love this pic because it could either be sad or spiritual, depending on the viewpoint and emotions of whoever sees it.
6. Teen Vanellope von Schweetz -- Imaginary points to you if you guessed who this was. Had been watching a lot of Wreck-It Ralph when I drew this and the next few. This was part of a dream I had that sorta served as a sequel to the series. Too bad I won't write the actual sequel, but I'm sure they'll make it great anyways! I also really want her boots.
7. Licoria von Schweetz -- The sorta-villainess of my dream. Vanellope's sugar witch of an older sister, who was SUPPOSED to be Queen but was written out out of the first game and only showed up in the game's more edgy sequel as a track obstacle. She's rather bitter about this. But she takes her role SO seriously, and thinks herself an actual bad guy of the game. So she uses her black and red licorice magic to cause as much mayhem as she can on the track, thinking she's actually doing something lasting, and all the drivers have to do is dodge. Lots more I could say, but this is running long already. She's funny, although I drew her too seriously in this pic while trying to nail what my dream had made up for her outfit.
8. Royal -- Either a generic princess or the Queen that Licoria was initially supposed to be before the creators of Sugar Rush decided to dump her character in the first game. The reason this is ambiguous, is because while she has the right hair, the outfit has nothing to do with candy, so I don't know what I was thinking, lol.
9. Karai in Kimono -- Karai from TMNT 2012, in traditional Japanese dress. I probably got a million details about it wrong, but I had no reference. This is a sort of debate in Karai's head, where she wonders what she would have been like had her life been just a little more normal.
10. Raph and Spike -- Quick sketch of Raph venting with his pet turtle, Spike. Uh, can you tell I drew this before a certain episode aired? Yeah, this is Spike pre-Slash. Was a very rough sketch, can you tell?
11. Pocket Light -- I've played several MMO's but none quite as much fun as DC Universe Online. Nothing like throwing cars around and flying across Metropolis or leaping from skyscrapers in Gotham and swinging by grappling hooks. And wow, do I have fun designing superhero outfits and color schemes; the character creation is the best! I have quite a few characters, including Hard Drive who's a tech-based character. This one that I happened to draw is my miniscule Green Lantern character. She's cute, and maybe four feet high.
12. Armored Kiva -- Anyone ever see that awesome show called Megas XLR? Got cancelled after 2 seasons because Cartoon Network CEOs are dumb? Was a PERFECT parody of mech shows and other anime genres? Man that show was funny. But I wanted to draw Kiva from the show because she's my favorite character by far. Couldn't remember what her outfit looked like, so I gave her some cool robotic exo-suit thing. Now she ROCKS. And I need to do fanart for this show because I loved it to death.
13. Teen Poof -- I keep having great dreams that would make great sequels for movies and cartoons. This came from my Fairly Odd Parents dream; it was called Fairly Odd Friend or Best-Friend or something like that, and took place 60 years later. Poof grew up with Timmy because he wanted to, but stopped at teen because he got scared of growing up. Now he's the "Fairy Best Friend" of this girl, a job he created under the premise of keeping the new wave of fairy kids reigned in. He often hangs out in his human disguise, which this is. Done in Butch Hartman art style that I taught myself by tracing Danny Phantom screenshots. By the time this was done, I was doing the style with no reference. Cool.
14. Teen Poof 2 -- Still human sized, but more fairy like. Poof, unlike his parents, is skilled at practically anything he gets his hands on, and its been starting to go to his head by now. He's not a jerk; he's still a nice person, but he's sort of got to thinking he's all that and stuff. Humility is one of the things he's gotta learn in this "dream that was a cartoon show" of mine.
15. Poof and Friend -- Poof and the girl he's the assigned friend for. He's trying to convince her to let him use yet another loophole in Da Rules, but she's having none of it. She's actually rather rule-abiding and grounded; she dresses goth more because of her upbringing than her personality. Poof on the other hand, having grown up with Timmy, never really bothered much with rules.
16. Poof and Friend 2 -- Poof had been bugging her about "letting her hair down", so he goes for the literal interpretation and pulls out her hair tie. Yeah, she has waaaay too much hair. Not sure if this drawing gave that justice though, lol. Drew Poof with his brown leather jacket off this time. I have 2 other drawings of him (looking annoyed as Foop is behind him and trying to kill him with armloads of medieval weapons, the other is him laughing at his father Cosmo making a funny face and Wanda rolling her eyes), but they weren't as well penciled. May trace them stronger later if there's demand.
17. Brick -- From my Teen Power Puff Girls series. Was supposed to do all 3 boys, but never got around to the other two. Still Brick looks wicked cool. Not sure where his hat went, now that I look at it. Maybe that's why he's mad. . . . DANG this is cool. Am I allowed to say that about my own drawings? Brick is just too awesome to draw; bad guys shouldn't be like that dang it.
18. Sebastian Merman -- Somewhere in my gallery is an artwork called Mystery Merman
, and I stated that I have a story that this guy is the star of. Well here he is again, only by now I've named him. Technically, he's a person with the power of shape manipulation (different from shapeshifting), but he sorta moonlights as a merman for . . . plot reasons. This story keeps hounding my mind; I really want to write it. Been tinkering with the merman design too here. And his hair is usually much longer in merman form, but I wanted to see what it looked like with his human hair design.
19. Sebastian Shaw -- Speaking of human design, here he is as a human. Not . . . really sure why I drew him in Hawaiian garb; this story takes place alternating in Seattle and the Bermuda Triangle. But I sketched him and this is what I got. Sebastian's sort of a quiet nerd who likes being left alone, but he ends up with a group anyways. Also, his father is a boxer, and that's sort of his fighting style too. This is a problem, because I know nothing about boxing. I'd have to do a lot of research every time there's a fight sequence.
20. Wind Fairy -- Just doodling. Stuff like this sometimes just flows out of my pencil. Not all my stuff is fanart, after all!
But if you've followed this monster of a commentary, you've already learned that by now. I didn't draw the wings dark enough though because I'd planned to change them but never got around to it. Oh well, you can sorta make out the butterfly style . . .
Hope you enjoyed all this! Maybe I'll do the next batch before I get so many . . .